QBS (quiet backstage)November 16, 2009
I love theater. My mom introduced me to it at an early age, instilling in me a love for all things Broadway. This has also carried over to my love of movie musicals. In high school, I was a proud member of the Drama Club (International Thespian Society member, Troupe 980), and was a techie for 3 years for various productions. I did props, house and foley (spread over two shows) before moving on up to serve as stage manager for Anything Goes, and student director for Inspecting Carol, Schoolhouse Rock and The Life and Death of Almost Everybody. Needless to say, I was (and am) a drama geek.
And with that said, I’d like to respond to a comment left on my post about the concerts I’ve seen by sharing the professional theatrical productions I have attended.
Broadway shows I have seen:
- Jekyll & Hyde
- Saturday Night Fever
- RENT (3 times on Broadway)
- Phantom of the Opera (2 times)
- Rocky Horror Show
- Beauty and the Beast
- Mamma Mia!
- Avenue Q
- White Christmas
- Guys & Dolls (2009)
Off-Broadway shows I have seen:
- Top Dog Underdog (limited engagement play)
- The Vagina Monologues
Other productions I’ve seen (and locations):
- The Wizard of Oz (Theater at Madison Square Garden)
- Hairspray (Long Wharf Theater)
- RENT (Shubert Theater & NJPAC)
- Guys & Dolls (Long Wharf Theater)
- Peter Pan (Chevy Theater)
- 12 Angry Men (Shubert Theater)
- Criss Angel BELIEVE (Luxor)
- LOVE (Mirage)
- Ka (MGM Grand)
- The Wedding Singer (Shubert Theater) [added 3/27/10]
There are countless more school and community theater shows that I did not mention for lack of memory or time. Please feel free to suggest a show to me because there really is nothing like a night of theater. And to those who know me best – did I forget any?